The purpose of this role is to train fresh graduates to design, develop, and test software applications for Arkesel.
Degree Experience Level: Graduate trainee Experience Length: 1 year
Job Description/Requirements Reports To: Software Engineer Purpose
The purpose of this role is to train fresh graduates to design, develop, and test software applications for Arkesel. Arkesel is a Communication Platform Service Provider based in Accra. Duties Under the Supervision of a Software
- Work on various applications.
- Contribute exciting ideas and opinions in applying new and emerging technologies.
- Work in the development and evolution of the current web-based systemsIdentify, gather and evaluate user feedback
- Ensure code is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, and/or operating systems.
- Any other task as assigned by the manager.
- A first degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Fair knowledge of PHP (knowledge of other languages added bonus).
- Fair knowledge in database design and administration (MySQL, MSSQL).
- Fair understanding of how the typical web stack functions from the server-side to the browser (LAMP mostly).
- Familiarity with version control systems (git, subversion, or mercurial).
- Competencies Must have excellent knowledge in computer programming and coding Must be able to conduct software testing & debugging
- Must be accountable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills