In this article, we are going to talk about 10 amazing Things to Know About Personal Accident Insurance Policy
As deadly as it sounds, an accident can lead to bodily injury, disability, and in the worst case even death.
Though death is inevitable, you can certainly get financial protection for yourself and your family with a personal accident policy. A personal accident policy is a type of personal accident insurance policy that offers you protection against death or disability caused due to an accident. In case of death due to an accident, the policy pays out a lump sum amount to the nominee of the policyholder.
10 things to know about Personal Accident Insurance Policy
If you commute daily by bike or car, then it is important you are aware of the below 10 highlights of the personal accident insurance policy.
• The policy compensates the policyholder in case of permanent or partial disability caused due to an accident.
The policy offers 100% sum insured to the kin of the policyholder on death caused due to an accident.
• The primary purpose of a personal accident policy is to help the insured’s family make up for the loss of income caused due to the accident of the insured.
• Personal accident insurance policy offers you lifelong coverage; it is renewable.
• The premium for a personal accident insurance policy stays the same throughout the term of the policy. Your age and lifestyle habits have no impact on the same.
• The policy does not offer coverage for death caused due to an illness.
• Under the personal accident policy, the nature of the accident does not matter. Everything including road accidents or broken bones due to having a staircase fall is covered under the policy. It simply provides benefits in case of any accidents resulting in broken bones.
• Daily cash allowance is given to the policyholder in case of an accident that requires hospitalization.
• Few personal accident policies also cover ambulance costs to help the policyholder reach the hospital in case of an accident. This coverage may differ from insurer to insurer.
• Permanent disability such as loss of limbs or paralysis and even temporary disability such as a fracture is covered.
Things that are not covered under a personal accident insurance policy
Below factors are commonly excluded from coverage provided under personal accident policy.
An accident caused due to adventure sports activities is not covered.
• Self-inflicted injuries sustained due to suicide attempt is not covered
• An accident that is a result of war is not provided coverage for.
• Coverage is not provided if the accident is caused due to participation in defense operations.
• An accident caused due to participation in any hazardous activity.
• Accidents caused due to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not covered.
The above coverage is likely to vary from insurer to insurer. Hence, it is important you read the personal accident insurance policy documents carefully before purchasing.